Conclusion of Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh on Power Planning VIII
13:05 | 21/07/2021
In the meeting were representatives and leaders of the ministries and agencies as Ministry of Industry and Trade, Government Office, Electricity of Vietnam, Institute of Energy (PDP VIII Consultant).
After listening to the reports of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Institute of Energy on contents of PDP VIII and opinions of a number of the meeting attenders, Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh concluded as follows:
1.PDP VIII has been organized for establishing and implementing procedures for appraisal and submission by the Ministry of Industry and Trade to the Prime Minister for consideration and decision according to the regulations of planning legislation. This is one of the very important national sector planning projects especially directed by the Prime Minister with the requirements to "carefully check the contents, ensure conformity with realities and consider interests of the nation and country first. It is necessary to carefully study and analyze electricity prices, a reasonable balance in the structure of power sources (hydropower, thermal power, renewable energy) and guarantee compatibility between regions, avoiding wasting social resources (Notice No. 133/TB-VPCP dated May 29, 2021 of the Government Office).
2. The Ministry of Industry and Trade has tried to implement the PDP VIII with the direction of the Prime Minister mentioned above and specific instructions by Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh in Document No. 91/TB-VPCP dated May 3, 2021 by the Government Office.
To fulfill PDP VIII and prepare the report to the Permanent Government, Deputy Prime Minister required the Ministry of Industry and Trade to direct studying, accepting the opinions of the meeting participants and to direct implementing the following contents:
- To closely follow and fully implement the instructions of the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister in the above documents.
- Thoroughly check the current status of the power sources and electricity demand forecast by the regions (North, Central, South) to supplement planning calculations with (i) inheriting PDP VII (adjusted project), (ii) maximizing supply- demand internal balance, and (iii) minimizing long-distance transmission, rationally adjusting the existing planning of the power plants; using the only 500 kV North - Central - South transmission grids which are in operation and starting to be invested.
- Thoroughly and comprehensively economic and technical analysis of the planning options mentioned above to choose the most optimal planning option, in accordance with the direction of the Prime Minister.
3. Requiring the Ministry of Industry and Trade to strongly focus and direct perfecting PDP VIII for reporting it to the Prime Minister as soon as possible.